How do I use BingePass?
Watch the video below for an overview of how to use BingePass.
Please note: The video shows how to access BingePass using an iPhone. For instructions on accessing Hoopla using an Android device or in a browser on your desktop/laptop, see How do I borrow a BingePass? below.
What kind of content can I borrow with a BingePass?
The new BingePass includes unlimited access to:
- Curiosity Stream: Watch thousands of documentaries and nonfiction series spanning topics like science, nature, society, lifestyle, and even children’s content.
- New! Hellosaurus: Kids ages 2-8 can put themselves right into their favorite shows—including The Wiggles, Love, Diana, and more popular titles—with this interactive and educational video app designed by early childhood experts (available on iOS and Android devices).
- Hoopla Magazines: Read the current issue of 50 popular magazines for all ages and interests, such as Elle, Fast Company, HGTV, Men’s Health, Popular Mechanics, Runner’s World, Time for Kids, Woman’s Day, and more.
- The Great Courses Library Collection: Explore more than 300 courses, each containing numerous lectures—meaning you can access thousands of learning sessions with one borrow.
- And stay tuned for more BingePasses to come!
How does it work?
After you borrow a BingePass, you can access the content immediately. To access the content again, you can find your BingePass in the Borrowed section of My Hoopla.
Once you’ve borrowed a BingePass, you’ll be logged into the BingePass partner website or app where you can explore all they offer, directly through their platform.
Want to start again? When your borrow period is up, you can borrow the same BingePass again.
How do I borrow a BingePass?
Follow these instructions, depending on your device:
- iOS devices: In the bottom bar of the app, select the More button. If it is not already selected, tap the BingePasses tab at the top of the screen.
- Android devices: At the top of the main screen in the app, you’ll see a set of buttons featuring the types of content available (e.g., Audiobooks, Comics, Ebooks, etc.). Swipe to the left to show more options, and BingePasses will be the last button in the row.
- In a browser: Find BingePasses under the Browse menu or by visiting the BingePass page with this link »
- All devices: Use the search bar to search for “BingePass.”
Once you have located the BingePass collections, select the collection you’d like to borrow a BingePass for and press the Borrow button.
Can’t find BingePasses in your app? Try updating your Hoopla app and then following the directions above.