Connect to free public WiFi by using the “OPPL-WiFi” network inside the library. Plus, use public computers by appointment, print from anywhere, borrow devices to take with you, and more.
Borrow devices (Oak Park cardholders only)
- Mobile hotspots can be mailed to your Oak Park address or picked up from our new secure lockers in the Main Library Lobby.
- Laptops (including NEW Creative Laptops), Chromebooks, iPad Mini 2 devices, and an LCD projector can be picked up from our new secure lockers in the Main Library Lobby.
Have questions? We can help!
Get in-person tech help
- New! Monthly Tech Help Drop-ins at the Main Library: Stop by for quick tech help »
- Learning Labs appointment at any library location: Request a 30-minute, one-on-one help session on a certain digital learning or technical topic »
Explore virtual self-guided resources
- Tech Tops newsletter and posts: Find step-by-step instructions (click here or see the latest posts below) »
- How to Library videos: Learn how to use library resources »
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com): Watch thousands of virtual tutorials »
- See all tech help resources: Visit the Digital Learning page »
Use public computers
Public computers are available at any library location for anyone who has a library card registered with the Oak Park Public Library. Before using a library computer, please note:
- Daily limit of one 60-minute session per cardholder (one-time extension—of 15, 30, 45, or 60 minutes—per session is available).
- You will be assigned a specific computer to use.
- Available stations are spread out for physical distancing.
- Wipes and hand sanitizer may be available; we encourage you to bring your own.
- Print from anywhere and pick up same day at any library location.
- Scan, copy, and fax using the self-service station at the Main Library on the third floor and at Maze and Dole branches.
- Free printing up to 50 pages per day.
- A paper shredder at the Main Library on the third floor. (Please note: This is not an industrial paper shredder; it has a limit of 10 pages at one time.)
For anyone with a library card registered with the Oak Park Public Library
- Print using the public computers at the Main Library on the third floor and at Maze and Dole branches.