Buildings closed until December 16. Digital and virtual services only. More »
Computers by appointment for Oak Park cardholders only
The Main Library’s third-floor public computers are available by appointment only for Oak Park cardholders. Call 708.697.6943 between 10 am-6 pm Mondays-Saturdays to schedule a 45-minute session.
On Wednesday, November 4, no public computer reservations will be available. This is due scheduled maintenance.
- Daily limit of one session per cardholder
- Appointments start on the half hour and end 15 minutes after the hour
- You will be assigned a specific computer to use
- Available stations are spread out for physical distancing
- Stations are cleaned by staff in between appointments
- Wipes and hand sanitizer may be available; we encourage you to bring your own
- Mask required
- Only remote staff assistance is available
- For Oak Park cardholders only: Print using the Main Library’s third-floor computers
- For everyone: Print from anywhere and pick up same day at the Main Library and scan, copy, and fax using the self-service station on the Main Library’s third floor
Check out a mobile hotspot
- Place an online hold through the catalog.
- Keep for three weeks.
About the hotspots
- 4G device connects WiFi-enabled smartphones, tablets, and laptops to the Internet from any location within Sprint’s 4G or T-Mobile coverage areas.
- One hotspot connects up to 10 WiFi-enabled devices; a fully charged device lasts about six hours.
- Replacement cost is $85.
- Comes in a zipped bag with power cord, adaptor, and instruction card.
New! Tech Tips
Need help? Learn basic tricks and shortcuts to use as you navigate the internet, apps, email, and more. In biweekly blog posts and emails, library staff will share digital learning tips in a short, approachable, and easy-to-digest manner.