Connect to free public WiFi by using the “OPPL-WiFi” network inside the library. Plus, use public computers by appointment, print from anywhere, borrow devices to take with you, and more.
Borrow devices (Oak Park cardholders only)
- Mobile hotspots can be mailed to your Oak Park address or picked up from our new secure lockers in the Main Library Lobby.
- Laptops (including NEW Creative Laptops), Chromebooks, iPad Mini 2 devices, and an LCD projector can be picked up from our new secure lockers in the Main Library Lobby.
Find answers to frequently asked tech questions
Have questions? We can help!
Get in-person tech help
- New! Monthly Tech Help Drop-ins at the Main Library: Stop by for quick tech help »
- Learning Lab appointments at any library location: Request a 30-minute, one-on-one help session on a certain digital learning or technical topic »
Explore virtual self-guided resources
- Tech Tops newsletter and posts: Find step-by-step instructions (click here or see the latest posts below) »
- How to Library videos: Learn how to use library resources »
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com): Watch thousands of virtual tutorials »
- See all tech help resources: Visit the Digital Learning page »
Use public computers
Public computers are available at any library location for anyone who has a library card registered with the Oak Park Public Library. Before using a library computer, please note:
- Daily limit of one 60-minute session per cardholder (one-time extension—of 15, 30, 45, or 60 minutes—per session is available).
- You will be assigned a specific computer to use.
- Available stations are spread out for physical distancing.
- Wipes and hand sanitizer may be available; we encourage you to bring your own.
Print, copy, scan & fax
A self-service station is available at all three library locations.
- Print from anywhere and pick up same day at any library location.
- Scan, copy, and fax using the self-service station at the Main Library on the third floor and at Maze and Dole branches.
- Free printing up to 50 pages per day.
- A paper shredder at the Main Library on the third floor. (Please note: This is not an industrial paper shredder; it has a limit of 10 pages at one time.)
For anyone with a library card registered with the Oak Park Public Library
- Print using the public computers at the Main Library on the third floor and at Maze and Dole branches.
Creative Studio & services
Open now! Attend digital learning events, sign up for one-on-one training, request 3D and poster prints, and reserve the audio booth.