You can pick up and return most library items at any Oak Park library location or other SWAN library—unless otherwise indicated on the item.
Placing items on hold
- Log in with your account number and PIN »
- Search the catalog, then click “Place Hold” for the item you would like.
- More catalog help placing holds »
Picking up items on hold
- It’s easy to change the way you are notified about your holds. Learn more here »
- Inside each library, there is dedicated shelf space where you will find items alphabetized by cardholders’ last names.
- Lockers are available outside and inside the Main Library for secure, contact-free pickup and returns. How to get started using a locker »
Returning library items
- Items can be returned to the Oak Park Public Library or other SWAN library, unless otherwise indicated (those items are marked with specific return instructions).
- Book drops—for library items only—are located inside and outside library locations. If book drops are full, please do not leave items near, next to, or on top of book drops.
- Anyone who has checked out library items is responsible for them until they are checked in.
- Lockers are available outside and inside the Main Library for secure, contact-free returns and pickups. Follow these instructions to get started using a locker »
More outside library book drops
Drive up: Village Parking Lot 55
See on Google Maps. Drive into the lot to access the curbside book drop.
Walk up: Main Library Lockers
Lockers are available outside or inside the Main Library. How to use a locker »
Drive up: Maze Branch
Two book drops are curbside in front of Maze on Gunderson Avenue.
Walk up: Dole Branch
One book drop is near Dole Center’s north entrance (on Augusta Street).