To pick up and return your items, you can choose from any Oak Park Public Library building location and lockers at the Main Library. We also offer home delivery.
- Book drops are located both inside and outside all library locations (photos below).
- Book drops are for library items only. Looking to donate books? Here’s who to contact »
- If book drops are full, please do not leave items near, next to, or on top of book drops. Cardholders are responsible for library items until they are checked in.
Outside Oak Park book drop locations
Village Parking Lot 55
Accessible from North Boulevard (between Kenilworth and Oak Park avenues). Drive in and around to access the curbside book drop. See on Google Maps »
To the right of the front door: an outdoor automated return and lockers. Want to use a locker for materials pickup and return? Contact us »
North Grove Avenue
Northeast side of the Main Library.
In front of the building on Gunderson Avenue.
North of the building on Augusta Street.
Using the automated returns
- At the Main Library, please return only books and DVDs through the automated return slots (located inside the lobby and, as pictured above, outside the main entrance).
- For items like magazines and newspapers, kits that come in a backpack or bag, and tech devices, please hand them to a staff member inside the library or set up a locker return in advance of your return visit.
Using lockers for 24/7 access
- Outdoor lockers (35) are located to the right of the main entrance. Once you are registered for locker use, you can pick up and return items anytime, even when the Main Library building is closed.
- Indoor lockers (17) are located in the lobby under the stairwell. You can pick up and return items only when the Main Library is open.
- You can pick up anything in the lockers, including books, movies, and devices such as hotspots.
Placing & picking up holds
Placing items on hold
- Log in with your account number and PIN »
- Search the catalog »
- Click “Place Hold” on the format and language you would like.
- More help about holds from SWAN »
Picking up items on hold
- It’s easy to change the way you are notified about your holds. Learn more here »
- Inside each library, there is dedicated shelf space where you will find items alphabetized by cardholders’ last names.
- Want to use an indoor or outdoor locker to pick up your items? Let’s get started »