How do I use hoopla’s BingePass?
Watch the video below for an overview but please note that this video shows how to access BingePass using an iPhone. For instructions on accessing hoopla using an Android device or in a browser on your desktop/laptop, see How do I borrow a BingePass (section below).
What can I borrow with unlimited access?
For all ages
- Comics Kingdom: Peruse digital editions of classic funnies—like Zits, Blondie, Beetle Bailey, Hagar the Horrible, and more—and newly added comics.
- Curiosity Stream: Watch thousands of documentaries and nonfiction series spanning topics like science, nature, society, lifestyle, and even children’s content.
- Hoopla Magazines: Read the current issue of 50 popular magazines for all ages and interests, such as Elle, Fast Company, HGTV, Men’s Health, Popular Mechanics, Runner’s World, Time for Kids, Woman’s Day, and more.
- Puzzle Palace: Play a variety of brain-bending sudoku, crossword, and word games—with something for kids, beginners, and seasoned experts alike. New games added daily!
For adults & teens
- Filmocracy: Watch and attend film festivals from home. Each virtual film festival includes original programming, panels, director Q&As, and live networking opportunities.
- Fret Zealot: Master an instrument at your own pace with 3,500 video lessons from the world’s top instructors catering to all skill levels.
- The Great Courses Library Collection: Explore more than 300 courses, each containing numerous lectures—meaning you can access thousands of learning sessions with one borrow.
- Hallmark Movies Now: Stream feel-good films and series—including exclusive Hallmark Originals, along with 1,500+ hours of ad-free content from Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movies & Mysteries.
- Cuentos para niños en espanol: Learn Spanish with this collection of books written primarily for kindergarteners to third graders. These books are a good entry point for young readers and those new to Spanish.
- GoKidGo Spine Chillers: Listen to podcasts perfect for kids who enjoy scary stories—including R.L. Stine’s Story Club, Ivy’s Chilling Tales, and a Hoopla-exclusive series from award-winning kids’ horror writer Don Roff.
- GoKidGo Universe: Listen to captivating, kid-friendly podcasts featuring interconnected stories based on the fictional town of Pflugerville—and the wacky characters who inhabit it.
- Growing Up: Social Emotional Learning for Kids: Give your kids an advantage with these stories about handling emotions, responsibility, and more.
- Hellosaurus: Be the center of favorite shows—like The Wiggles, Love, Diana, and more popular titles—with this interactive and educational video app (available on iOS and Android devices) designed by early childhood experts.
- The Highlights Collection: Enjoy more than 200 multimedia series—including the Timbertoes, Listen & Learn, Tex and Indi, and Ask Arizona—from the publishers of the award-winning magazine.
- Kids’ Books in Action: Watch videos of favorite picture books—including classic bedtime stories, nursery rhymes, and new favorites—come to life with animated illustrations and narrated audio.
- Kids Vids: Explore a collection of movies and TV series covering animals, inspirational children in history, and the planet, plus a how-to-draw animals series!
- Learn About the World: People, Places, and Holidays: Make a big world a little smaller with carefully selected, kid-friendly books about family, holidays, famous athletes, and other countries.
- Read-Along 2 Learn: Explore books—with topics like sports, animals, emotions, STEM, and more—independently or with narrator support and word highlighting, at their own pace.
- The Reading Corner: Hear stories read out loud and brought to life with illustrations and music. The collection includes more than 500 videos in English and Dutch with more coming in Arabic, Moroccan, Spanish, and Turkish.
- STEAM Powered Kids: Fuel the passion for all things STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art, and math) with engaging books for kindergartners to preteens.
And stay tuned for more BingePasses to come!
How does it work?
After you borrow a BingePass, you can access the content immediately. To access the content again, you can find your BingePass in the Borrowed section of My Hoopla.
Once you’ve borrowed a BingePass, you’ll be logged into the BingePass partner website or app where you can explore all they offer, directly through their platform.
Want to start again? When your borrow period is up, you can borrow the same BingePass again.
How do I borrow a BingePass?
Follow these instructions, depending on your device:
- iOS devices: In the bottom bar of the app, select the More button. If it is not already selected, tap the BingePasses tab at the top of the screen.
- Android devices: At the top of the main screen in the app, you’ll see a set of buttons featuring the types of content available (e.g., Audiobooks, Comics, Ebooks, etc.). Swipe to the left to show more options, and BingePasses will be the last button in the row.
- In a browser: Find BingePasses under the Browse menu or by visiting the BingePass page with this link »
- All devices: Use the search bar to search for “BingePass.”
Once you have located the BingePass collections, select the collection you’d like to borrow a BingePass for and press the Borrow button.
Can’t find BingePasses in your app? Try updating your Hoopla app and then following the directions above.