Each year, the Board of Library Trustees approves an annual library budget.
- See the 2023 budget (pdf), approved at the board’s October 25, 2022 regular meeting.
- Monthly financial statements are included in meeting materials, available via oppl.org/board »
- State of Illinois Public Act 102-0265 mandates that specified taxing districts, including the library, make a good-faith effort to collect and publish certain demographic information from vendors and/or subcontractors that do business with the library. View the most recent results received from vendors »
Audited financial statements
- Typically completed in the fall of the following year, audited financial statements are available as PDFs. 2021 Annual Financial Report (pdf) »
- For more information, contact Director of Finance Jeremy Andrykowski at email@example.com.
Where the money comes from, what it is spent on
Oak Park property owners currently pay roughly 4.8% of their total Cook County property tax bill to the library. Nearly all (99.6%) of the library’s operating budget comes from property taxes (0.2% comes from fees, and 0.2% comes from grants and gifts).
- Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund: Employer cost and participation information »