Everyone can use self-service print, scan, copy, and fax technology at all library locations as well as print remotely (you must pick up your print job the same day.) Printing is free, but please consider the environment and keep all jobs under 50 pages so we can continue to offer this service.
How to print
From a library computer (inside a library location)
Anyone with a library card registered with the Oak Park Public Library can use a library computer and print from inside the Main Library or Maze and Dole branches. Learn more about using computers at the library »
From your own device (from anywhere)
- From a web browser:
Please note: Keep track of the username/card number you enter when you submit your print job. You’ll need this to release your print job.
- By email:
- Log in to your email account.
- Forward an existing email or create and send a new email and attach the document you would like to print.
- Main Library
- Maze Branch
- Dole Branch
Pick up your print job
Visit the Main Library or Maze and Dole branches to retrieve your print job, same day during open hours:
- Sign into the station at the library location you sent your print job to:
- If you printed from a library computer or in a browser, enter the username or library card number you used when submitting your print job.
- If you printed by email, enter your email account username. Example: If your email address is ABC123@gmail.com, enter ABC123 at the kiosk.
- Please note that if you are printing via email, the text of your email and the attachment will be received as separate print jobs.
- Follow the prompts to pay for and print your documents.
- Copy equipment is available on the Main Library’s third floor and at the Maze and Dole branches.
- Scan equipment is available on the Main Library’s third floor and at the Maze and Dole branches.
- Send your scans via email or save to your USB drive or to OneDrive, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
- Local and long-distance faxing is available.
- FedEx Office offers international faxing.
- A paper shredder is available on the Main Library’s third floor.
- Please note: This is not an industrial paper shredder; it has a limit of 10 pages at one time.
- For large shredding jobs: Email the Village of Oak Park at email@example.com to ask about their annual paper-shredding event, typically hosted each spring.