No late fines
There are no fines for overdue materials checked out from the Oak Park Public Library. Materials checked out at other SWAN libraries are subject to those libraries’ loan rules. Read more about changes made to improve use, access, and equity around library resources »
- Oak Park physical materials: 3 weeks.
- Digital collection checkout times vary by service; most expire automatically; some can be returned early. See borrowing times by service »
- New materials at the Maze and Dole branches and Hot Picks (additional copies of new and popular fiction, nonfiction, and movies available only in the Main Library—look for the red dot on the spine!) have standard checkout periods.
- Physical items: 200.
- Holds requests/simultaneous holds: 30.
- Digital collection checkout limits vary. See checkout limits by service »
- Eligible items checked out on your account will automatically renew up to five times.
- Two days before the due date, eligible items will automatically renew.
- You can always check due dates using the “My Account” tab in the catalog.
- New materials at the Maze and Dole branches and Hot Picks (available only in the Main Library) are non-renewable and cannot be put on hold.
- Oak Park charges replacement fees for never returned or damaged Oak Park items, billed based on the item’s list price.
- Replacement fees of $50 or more (from never returned or damaged library items) suspend an account. Returning non-damaged items will allow any related fees to be removed from your account.
- Major credit cards accepted online.
- While there are no fines for overdue materials, please note that if you have 4 or more items overdue at any one time, you will be blocked from using your library card to check out more items, access digital collections and online tools, place holds, reserve meeting spaces, and so on. When you return items to get below the threshold, you’ll regain your library card privileges.