Adult Education and Job Seekers Librarian Rashmi Swain (left) suggests a resource to Trina Wade (right). Learn how Trina landed a new job with the help of Rashmi and the resources at the library »
Resources for job seekers
Fine-tune your resume, sharpen your interviewing style, and develop stronger technical skills.
- Register online for upcoming job seminars, in person at any library location, or by calling 708.452.3480. Walk-ins welcome, as space permits.
- Find more digital learning opportunities in person and online. Regularly scheduled classes include:
Online resources for job seekers
Your library card gives you access to subscription-based resources that Google can’t offer:
- Brainfuse JobNow: Live interactive online help combined with online resources to guide jobseekers.
- Lynda.com: Online learning platform with video tutorials to learn business, software, technology and creative skills to achieve personal and professional goals.
- ReferenceUSA: Search millions of businesses by name, location, industry, and size, and search consumers by location, estimated income, interests, and shopping habits.
- Small Business Reference Center: Small business reference books and tools to address small business topics, including business videos, a help and advice section, and details on how to create business plans.
- Testing & Education Reference Center (TERC): Practice tests for college and graduate school entrance exams, career tools, citizenship tests, and information on college scholarships.