Fine-tune your resume, sharpen your interviewing style, and develop stronger technical skills with help from your public library. Connect with Rashmi, access career services resources, and participate in events especially for job seekers.
Get expert answers, local connections
As Oak Park’s Adult Education and Career Services Librarian Rashmi Swain works with library patrons and local partner organizations use library resources to develop job search and career skills.
Online career services resources
Your Oak Park library card gives you access to subscription-based resources that Google can’t offer.
- Brainfuse HelpNow: On-demand, anytime, anywhere learning resources for all ages, including live online help, practice tests for college entrance exams, expert writing assistance, and more.
- Brainfuse JobNow: Live interactive online help combined with online resources to guide jobseekers.
- New! Excel Adult High School Diploma: An opportunity for Oak Park Public Library cardholders ages 20+ to earn a high school diploma (not a GED) virtually and for free through the library.
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com): Online learning platform with video tutorials to learn business, software, technology and creative skills to achieve personal and professional goals.
- Reference Solutions (formerly ReferenceUSA): Search millions of businesses by name, location, industry, and size, and search consumers by location, estimated income, interests, and shopping habits.
- Small Business Source: Small business reference books and tools to address small business topics, including business videos, a help and advice section, and details on how to create business plans.
Read how these community members used library services to help find employment.