- Get a library card. What you sign up for depends on the type of access you want: instant (digital-only) or complete (library card).
- Apps for self-checkout and account access. Self-checkout in the library and log into your account.
- Holds, returns, and lockers. Details about getting and giving back items.
- Renewals and loan periods. No late fines on Oak Park items; replacement fees still apply.
For all ages
- Early learners (0-5) and storytimes »
- Kids (grades K-5) »
- Middle & high school students »
- Older adults (60 +) »
- Businesses and entrepreneurs »
- Career services »
- Digital learning »
- Health and wellness »
- Local creators »
- Local educators and caregivers »
- Rainbow services »
- Social services »
- Supported services »
In the library
- Use computers and devices: Use onsite or checkout to take with you.
- Print, copy, scan, and fax: Print from inside and outside the library.
- Reserve a space: Meeting spaces and study rooms.
- Idea Box: See what’s inside the always-changing space at the Main Library.
- Test proctoring: Available to Oak Park library cardholders based on staff availability.
Beyond the library
- Book Bike: Bringing the library to you—all around the Oak Park community—April through October.
- Home Delivery: We bring and pick up items to and from Oak Park residences.
- School and daycare resource delivery: We bring and pick up items to and from Oak Park schools and daycares.
- Museum & Cultural Attraction Passes: Museum Adventure Pass and Explore More Illinois offer free passes, discounted admission, and other deals.