Oak Park is home to a library for everyone. Entrepreneurs, new businesses, and nonprofit organizations have access to spaces, training and events, subscription-based resources, and local community information.
Curious about specific support for your business? Watch the video!
Find the latest news for businesses and entrepreneurs.
Get expert answers, local connections
As our Business and Government Services Librarian, Bridget Optholt helps you find the resources you need as a business owner or entrepreneur. She also collaborates closely with librarians curating the collection for businesses and entrepreneurs, develops related programming, and cultivates community partnerships based on healthy living.
Get a library card, gain full access
Oak Park business owners, nonprofits, and employees can get a library card and gain full access to all the services and resources the public library offers. These cards have a one-year expiration from issue date but may be renewed by phone (call 708.383.8200).
- Owners can apply with a lease or a tax bill and a current photo ID.
- Employees can provide current proof of employment and contact information for the business or nonprofit owner (who will be responsible for any fees or lost materials).
Reserve a meeting space
Host your next meeting or event at the library. Reserve a room online, by phone, and when visiting a library service desk. Virtual meeting spaces are an option, too!
Check out these titles
Find titles recommended by the OPRF Chamber of Commerce Women in Business Affinity Group for summer 2022 below.
Discover industry trends & collect valuable data
Subscription-based resources available with your Oak Park card & PIN include:
- Barron's: Investing and financial news.
- Business Source Premier: Essentials for the business researcher.
- Crain's Chicago Business: Chicago business news.
- Foundation Directory Online (FDO): Find grants, requests for proposals, and more.
- Illinois Legal Aid: Articles and referrals to free and low-cost legal aid offices.
- Legal Information Reference Center: Full-text of top consumer legal reference books.
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com): Business-related classes and workshops.
- Morningstar Investment Research Center: Financial stock and mutual fund information.
- Record Information Services: Data on new homeowners, businesses, and more for market research.
- Reference Solutions (formerly ReferenceUSA): Directory of 14 million businesses and 89 million residents.
- Regional Business News: Business journals, newspapers, and newswires.
- Small Business Reference Center: Books, tools, and videos that address small business topics.
- Value Line: Information on stocks, mutual funds, options, and convertible securities.
Connect with community organizations
Find support from Oak Park-area organizations.
- Allies for Community Business: Provides local capital and coaching for businesses.
- Available commercial real estate: Shows available local real estate for businesses.
- OPRF Chamber of Commerce: Member-based organization supporting the Oak Park and River Forest small business community to stay informed, network with other members, and provide marketing opportunities.
- Oak Park Economic Development Corporation: Serves developers, property owners, and businesses seeking sites, financing, or other assistance in the development, sale, purchase, lease, or rehab of commercial property within Oak Park.
- Score Chicago: Provides free business tools, workshops, and face-to-face or online mentoring to aid in the success of small businesses.
- Village of Oak Park Business Services: Manages business licenses, permitting, zoning, and health department/fire safety inspections.
- Women's Business Development Center: Provides free mentoring, programs and services to support and accelerate women’s business ownership.