We are a library for everyone, striving to support positive experiences. Read the policy »
- Locations and hours. Directions, maps, parking information, scheduled closing dates, and Community Fridge information.
- Holds, returns, and lockers. Options (there are plenty!) for picking up and returning your library items.
- Accessibility. All three locations are ADA compliant.
- Meet our staff. People are at the heart of what we do.
- Response to COVID-19. Our approach puts people and safety first.
- Board of Library Trustees. Elected officials responsible for the library’s policies, budget, vision, mission, and strategic plan.
- Budget. Find the current year budget and audited financial statements from previous years.
- Policies. Board-approved governance of library operations.
Values and priorities
- Vision, mission, and strategic plan. To empower every voice in our community, we share information, services, and opportunities to fulfill Oak Park’s aspirations.
- Equity & anti-racism. Oak Park’s public library is a library for everyone.
- Civic engagement. Stay informed, understand governmental processes, and exercise your citizenship rights and obligations.
- Sustainability. We respect and care for our community’s resources, including the natural environment.
- Data privacy. Review privacy statements for individual third-party vendors.
- News and stories. Calendars and useful information to help you get the most out of your library.
- Evaluating our impact. Qualitative and quantitative data about our work.
- History. Founded as a public library in 1903.
- 2021 year in review. Annual highlights and accomplishments.
- Library fact-checker. Need to confirm something you read on Facebook or heard about your library?
- #OPPLChampions support the library on social media.
- Friends of the Oak Park Public Library are separate 503(c) organization supporting the library and building community bridges.
- Give. Choose from eight endowment funds to support your library’s future.
- See available job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer.