We follow a librarians of practice model. Each librarian gears their talents for research, relationship-building, and local expertise around a specific topic which informs how librarians select and maintain collections, develop programming, and cultivate community partnerships. Meet our staff »
Community is at the heart of all we do, so we embrace an intentional process for listening to and learning about our community. Learn more about the Harwood practice »
We know it’s essential to look at both numbers and stories to understand the full impact of our library’s work. See the quantitative and qualitative data »
We exist to empower every voice in our community, and we share the information, services, and opportunities to fulfill Oak Park’s aspirations.
The library sustains, shares, and respects community resources, including the natural environment. Learn more about environmental initiatives like our Main Library Green Roof and its two honeybee colonies »
Policies, trustees, budget
Mission, vision, strategic plan
- What we do: share the information, services, and opportunities that fulfill Oak Park’s aspirations.
- Why we do it: to empower every voice in our community.
- See the 2020 Strategic Plan »
- See the 2019 Year in Review »
These external statements help define and guide our everyday work.
- Our commitment to anti-racism »
- The Urban Library Council’s Race and Social Equity Statement »
- Oak Park’s Diversity Statement, Collection Strategy Statement »
- The American Library Association’s: