Get details on directions, parking, scheduled building closure dates, and item returns.
All library buildings are accessible and ADA compliant. The Main Library offers elevator access from its underground garage.
We follow a librarians of practice model. Each librarian gears their talents for research, relationship-building, and local expertise around a specific topic which informs how librarians select and maintain collections, develop programming, and cultivate community partnerships.
Community is at the heart of all we do, so we embrace an intentional process for listening to and learning about our community. Learn more about the Harwood practice »
We exist to empower every voice in our community, and we share the information, services, and opportunities to fulfill Oak Park’s aspirations. Tell us your library story »
We work often with our local government peers and nonprofits. See examples of how together, we’re building community »
Wonder what communities would be like without public libraries? Learn more about the public good that libraries provide »
Policies, trustees, budget
Mission, vision, strategic plan
- What we do: share the information, services, and opportunities that fulfill Oak Park’s aspirations.
- Why we do it: to empower every voice in our community.
- See the 2019 strategic plan, values, and objectives »
- See the 2018 Year in Review »
These external statements help define and guide our everyday work.
- The Urban Library Council’s Race and Social Equity Statement (pdf) »
- Oak Park’s Diversity Statement, Collection Strategy Statement »
- The American Library Association’s:
And more about your library
- Main Library’s award-winning architecture, environmentally friendly features »
- Quotes in all library buildings »
- Library history »