- Locations and hours: Directions, maps, parking information, closings.
- App for self-checkout: The Meescan app makes it easy!
- Holds, returns, and lockers: Options for picking up and returning library items.
- Accessibility: All three locations are ADA-compliant.
- Meet our staff: People are at the heart of what we do.
Values & priorities
- Vision, mission, values, and strategic priorities: We exist to empower every voice in our community, and we share the information, services, and opportunities that fulfill Oak Park’s aspirations. As a public library in a Book Sanctuary Community, we value democracy and intellectual freedom and encourage everyone to read diverse and inclusive books.
- Equity and anti-racism: We are a library for everyone.
- Free people read freely: We defend your freedom to read and stand up against censorship.
- Data privacy: We provide privacy statements for individual third-party vendors.
- News and stories: Useful information to help you get the most out of your library.
- Evaluating our impact: Qualitative and quantitative data about library work.
- History: In 2023, we celebrate 120 years as a public library, and 20 years in the current Main Library building.
- 2022: A year in review: Annual highlights and accomplishments.
- Board of Library Trustees: Elected officials responsible for the library’s policies, budget, vision, mission, and strategic plan.
- Budget: Current year’s budget and previous years’ audited financial statements.
- Policies: Board-approved governance of library operations.
- Friends of the Oak Park Public Library: A separate 503(c) organization supporting the library and building community bridges.
- Donate: Give to endowment funds to support your library’s future.
- Civic engagement: Stay informed, understand governmental processes, and exercise your citizenship rights and obligations.
- #OPPLChampions: Support the library on social media.