Local book club support
We provide services to support locally-led book clubs.
Need titles reserved?
Patron Services Coordinator Julie Meo helps local book groups reserve titles in a variety of formats. Email her at email@example.com or call 708.452.3412.
Check out a Book Club Kit
Each kit comes in a bag that’s checked out as a single item. Any Oak Park library cardholder can place a hold on or visit the second floor of the Main Library to select a kit. What’s in each bag:
- 10 copies of the same popular title
- Discussion questions curated by Oak Park librarians
- Lists of similar titles to give you ideas on what to read, listen to, and watch next
Host your book club online
Many Oak Park book clubs and writers’ groups have been meeting online, via the library’s virtual meeting spaces service. You can set up and run your own virtual meeting on Zoom, with support from trained library staff. See how reserving a virtual meeting space works and what’s available »
What we suggest
Looking for ideas on what to read next, by genre and topic? See what we suggest »
Get personalized recommendations with Read to Order
Our team of Oak Park librarians love listening to what you’ve already enjoyed, and can make you detailed, personalized recommendations for what to read next. This free service is open to Oak Park library cardholders 18 years and older. Get recommendations that suit you »
Library-led book groups
Join your neighbors and friends at these book discussions led by library staff members.
- Crime & Coffee talks history and crime with fellow true crime lovers over a hot cup of coffee.
- Latinx Author Book Cafe discusses works written by Latinx authors. Spanish language copies will be made available when possible.
- Otherworldly Reads alternates between science fiction and fantasy literature.
- Words on Wednesday inspires small group conversation about a wide range of fiction and nonfiction titles.