Join your neighbors and friends for library-led book discussions. Visit the library calendar to explore and register for upcoming book discussions and author events!
- Anti-Racist Book Group: This collaborative bimonthly virtual program joins staff and patrons from the Austin Branch of the Chicago Public Library and the Oak Park Public Library.
- Middle School Book Group is an open discussion for young adults in grades 5-8 to share their thoughts and opinions on the selected literature.
- New Moms Book Group is especially for new parents. Ditch the “mom guilt” and join other adults to keep exploring and discussing your interests.
- Teen Book Club is organized by teens for teens and discusses titles in all genres. Hosted by the Leading Edge Teen Advisory Board.
- Words on Wednesday inspires stimulating conversation about fiction and nonfiction titles.
Supporting local book clubs
We check out Book Club Kits, support you when hosting your own Zoom virtual meetings (held through the library), and provide custom title recommendations—all to help keep you and your own book club together and on top of what’s new and buzzworthy! Learn more about support for local book clubs »
What we suggest
Looking for more Oak Park librarian recommendations by genres and topics? See what we suggest »