Wondering what to read, watch, or listen to next? We’ve got you covered! See what our librarians are loving »
Library-led book groups
Discussions are open to everyone!
- Books and Brews is an opportunity for anyone age 21+ to meet new friends, discuss new books outside of the library. Meets on the second Tuesday of the month, 7 pm, at Oak Park Brewing Company, 155 S. Oak Park Ave.
- Brown Bag is a lunchtime mystery lover’s book group. Pack your own lunch and join us to discuss these suspenseful stories. Meets on the third Tuesday of the month, Dole Branch, 12 pm.
- Detection by Daylight is devoted to reading and discussing detective mysteries in series and non-series form. Bring your lunch (if you like), enjoy cookies and coffee on us, and engage in great discussions. Meets on the first Tuesday of the month, Maze Branch, 12 pm.
- More Than a Month strives to enrich understanding of a complex, historical legacy and to widen knowledge about the scope of black history.
- New Moms Book Group is especially for new parents. Ditch the “mom guilt” and join other adults to keep exploring and discussing your interests. Meets on the first Friday of the month, 7 pm, at Exit Strategy Brewing Co., 7700 Madison St., Forest Park, IL 60130.
- Read & Reflect shares a thoughtful selection of nonfiction titles ripe for meaningful discussion. Meets on the third Friday of the month, Dole Branch, 12 pm.
- Words on Wednesday inspires stimulating conversation about fiction and nonfiction titles. Meets on the third Wednesday of the month, Main Library, 1 pm.
Looking for a library-led book group title?
Authors, books straight to your inbox
Looking for events featuring local authors and great reads? Subscribe to get events and suggestions in your inbox »