Library community bulletin board exist to to help you and your neighbors connect. They also help support the library’s mission to share the information, services, and opportunities that fulfill Oak Park’s aspirations.
Sharing community information
- Each building offers dedicated bulletin board space to post about local events and opportunities.
- You can also find printed information provided by local government agencies available for public review and/or comment.
- Online, through its social media channels, the library shares information to amplify organizational community voices and is an active participant and supporter of Burbio.com, a free community event calendar website.
Priorities for posting
To maximize the use of limited physical bulletin board space and balance its social media postings, the library prioritizes information using the following criteria:
- Equity and anti-racism events in the community;
- Events held or sponsored by Oak Park nonprofits; and
- Events that align with the community aspirations of literacy, education, diversity, inclusion, equity, empathy, health, safety, and affordability.
To submit a flyer for consideration, share a paper version at any library location. You may also submit a PDF using the online form below. The library uses digital processes in an effort to reduce paper waste and increase reach and awareness.
Thank you for using your library, and for helping keep your community informed and connected!