From July 15 to August 9, availability of meeting spaces will be limited as the library hosts the Power of Partnerships free summer school program. Learn more »
Providing public spaces to learn, collaborate, and create is a core library service available to the community. Here’s an overview of the rental process.
Review Space Options
- Main Library Veterans Room »
- Main Library Small Meeting Room »
- Main Library Book Discussion Room »
- Main Library Community Engagement Space »
- Main Library Conference Room »
- Dole Branch Meeting Room »
- Maze Branch Meeting Room »
Meeting Spaces Policy
All space renters should read, understand, and agree to the library’s Meeting Spaces Policy »
- Age: Renters must be 18 years or older and have a valid library card.
- Access: Renters must understand events are open to the public; spaces cannot be used for private social gatherings or parties.
- Monetary exchanges: No selling or buying goods or services, soliciting donations is permitted.
- Fees: No fees can be charged, either prior to a reservation or on the day of your rental.
- Types of events permitted: educational, cultural, political, civic, or charitable in nature event.
- Types of events not permitted: commercial educational presentations.
Payment and Use Procedures
All space renters should read, understand, and agree to the library’s Payment and Use Procedures »
- Not-for-profits can rent space for free, up to four hours. Not-for-profit groups are defined as not-for-profit when their missions serve an educational, cultural, charitable, political, or civic purpose and include 501(c)3 corporations and unincorporated associations, organizations, clubs, book groups, or government agencies.
- For-profits can pay to rent space for up to four hours. Prices vary by space. All groups that do not fit the definition of a not-for-profit group will be defined as for-profit. These include all businesses and other commercial entities.
- There are three ways to pay: credit card (VISA, Mastercard, AmEx, JCB, and Discover), check, and cash.
- Payment is due one week before your approved reservation date.
- If payment is not received, your reservation will be cancelled and the space will be made available to rent to another group.
- Requests made less than one week in advance must be paid for at the time of approval.
- Once a payment has been made, it cannot be refunded.