In this section, find health and wellness programs, daytime events, and services especially useful for patrons ages 60+.
Join us for library programs, especially for older adults
- Library events: See a full list of upcoming health and wellness programs, daytime events, and more »
- Events and title suggestions—curated especially for older adults (60+)—emailed directly to you each month. Sign up for the library’s Older Adults (60+) newsletter »
Find the latest library news, curated just for you!
Have a tech question? We can help!
- Basic tricks and shortcuts to use as you navigate the internet, apps, email, and more: Subscribe to get Tech Tips in your inbox and see all the tips online »
- Need help getting started with your digital library? We’ve got a video series for that! Watch How to Library videos »
- Want more one-on-one attention on a certain digital learning or technical topic? Let’s set a time to get together in person! Request a Learning Lab appointment »
- Have a specific question and don’t know where to start? Contact us »
What to read, listen to, or watch next
- In the catalog: Check out the custom lists curated by Oak Park librarians »
- On this website: See what our libraries are loving »
- In your inbox: Sign up for We Suggest to get suggestions emailed to you »
- Personalized for you: Tell us what you like—and what you don’t—and our librarians respond to you personally »
Request home delivery
Get library materials delivered: For Oak Park cardholders 60+, residents who have limited mobility, or families with children under the age of 5. Request Home Delivery »
Access subscription-based resources that Google can’t offer
Use your Oak Park library card and PIN to access:
- Consumer Reports: Ratings, reviews, recommendations, and buying advice from the source that buyers trust.
- Consumers’ Checkbook: Ratings on Chicago-area service providers, such as auto repair shops, plumbers, dentists, banks, and insurance companies.
- Creativebug: An inspirational resource for DIY, crafters, and makers with more than 1,000 award-winning art and craft video classes taught by recognized design experts and artists.
- Hobbies & Crafts Reference Center: Detailed how-to instructions and creative ideas for hobby enthusiasts of all kinds, with full-text articles from leading hobby and craft magazines.
- Consumer Health Complete: Content covering all key areas of health and wellness, from mainstream medicine to the many perspectives of complementary and holistic medicine.
- Medline: Abstracts of articles in medicine, dentistry, and nursing (not full text).
Get expert answers, find local connections
- Email Rose at email@example.com: Health and Senior Services Librarian Rose Barnes can help connect you with the resources you need.
- Oak Park Township: offers a broad continuum of supportive services in order to promote independence of older adults in the community.
- Age Options: Oak Park-based nonprofit connecting older adults and those who care for them with resources and service options so they can live their lives to the fullest.
- Arbor West Neighbors: Oak Park organization committed to “a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural community where all older adults are valued, age with dignity, and enjoy opportunities for growth and engagement.”