Live online tutoring help, test prep, homework help
- New! Brainfuse HelpNow is on demand, anytime, anywhere learning resources for all ages, including live online help from tutors (available daily from 2 to 11 pm), practice tests for college entrance exams, expert writing assistance, a test center with customized study plans, a flashcard creator, a private virtual study room to share, and more.
- Illinois Drivers Education test preparation helps you prepare for the Illinois DMV permit test by offering a sample test online, and direct access to Illinois Driver’s Handbook.
- Homework Help for Teens offers online resources such as Academic Search Premier, Points of View Reference Center, and History Reference Center.
Mental health support & resources
- Virtual mental health assessments with Rush University Medical Center »
- OPRF’s Huskie tips for coping with COVID-19 »
- District 97’s Support 4U for middle schoolers »
- COVID-19 resources for teens, tweens, and families »
- Teens invited to share their voice on managing stress and anxiety, creating new app »
- From The New York Times: “Helping teens make room for uncomfortable emotions” (Get full NYT access through the library)
Learn to code with Vidcode
Code video filters, video games, special effects, celebrity name generators, haunted houses, simulations, and more through Vidcode, an online coding platform with easy-to-follow tutorials. Just sign up as a student to get started »
We want to help you find the information you need, and we understand there are some things you want to keep private. For your convenience, the library offers self-checkout machines. No matter what your age, you can check out books from any floor of the library. Your checkout records are private and will not be shared. Look for these subjects »
The library also has a social worker on staff who can help you figure out next steps for your situation. This is a free, confidential service. Ask at any library service desk to speak to Rob Simmons, Stephen Jackson, or call 708.697.6910.