With the Libby app by OverDrive, you can borrow digital books instantly from the library’s most popular digital collection—featuring 55,000 fiction and nonfiction titles. The app is available on iOS, Android, and Microsoft Windows 10+.
Need help getting started?
- Learn how the app works »
- Get one-on-one help »
- Visit a Tech Time Drop-In Session »
- Forgot your PIN? Request a reset by clicking on “Reset my PIN” »
- Have another question? Contact us now »
What can Libby do for you?
- Listen to audiobooks on your Google Home or Amazon Echo or in the car with Apple CarPlay or Android Auto.
- If you prefer reading on your Kindle, Libby can send your library books to it.
- All your loans and holds are consolidated on a single shelf.
- Keep track of your reading history in the Activity tab.
- Positions, bookmarks, and notes are kept in sync across your devices.
- Sample any book with a tap—nothing to download or delete.
- Try a zoomable graphic novel, or a picture book with read-along audio.
More about Libby
Libby users benefit from access to thousands of shared titles through the library’s Libby consortium, called Media On Demand. In addition, Oak Park purchases copies of many titles available only to Oak Park cardholders. Therefore, wait times are often shorter than indicated in the app.
- Check out 20 items and place 20 holds at a time
- Lending period: 7 to 21 days
- Recommend 3 titles every 7 days