Your public library is here to connect you with books, online resources, and learning experiences that honor Asian Pacific American history and culture all year long. On this page, you can:
- Watch Multicultural virtual learning videos.
- Browse suggested fiction and nonfiction titles for adults, teens, and kids, all hand-selected by our librarians.
- Log in with your Oak Park card and PIN to use online resources for self-paced learning from anywhere.
The month of May was officially designated as Asian Pacific American Heritage Month by the U.S. Congress in 1992. Learn more at asianpacificheritage.gov »
Multicultural virtual learning videos
Explore items and cultures with Miss Juanta and friends in this video series.
Ao Dai: Vietnam
Miss Juanta is happy to introduce her dear friend Huyen Le. Huyen is wearing a silk Ao Dai, the traditional Vietnamese garment now worn on special occasions. Does your culture have special clothes for important days?
Miss Juanta has some special dolls to show you: They represent Thai temple dancers! Then watch a special dance, the Riree Khaosan, performed by children from Wat Dhammaram.
Titles we suggest
More from Your Digital Library
Online resources to explore
Get access to subscription-based resources that Google can’t offer, with your Oak Park card and PIN:
- PebbleGo (preschool-grades 3) and PebbleGo Next (grades 3-5): Check out the Social Studies module to explore.
- World Book Student (elementary & middle schoolers): Explore a collection of articles, tables, and multimedia of the world, and find maps showing political, population, economic, and meteorological information in the World Resources section.
- Mango Languages: Reach conversational proficiency in Japanese, Mandarin Chinese, Vietnamese, Thai, Tagalog, Malay, and more.
Newspapers & magazines
- Global Newsstream: Get full-text access to newspapers, news wires, websites, and blogs from leading publishers in Asia. From the GlobalNewsstream front page, select “International Newsstream” and then “Asian Newsstream.” Publications include The Wall Street Journal Asia, China News, and The Bangkok Post.
- PressReader: Search publications by language or country.