By Health & Senior Services Librarian Rose Barnes
Happy January 2024! The year is new, and the weather is cold. But luckily there are so many things happening at the library to help you stay warm and keep on track with any resolutions you might have made.
I am not someone who makes New Year’s resolutions. But I think the New Year is a great time to reset and explore new ways to connect with yourself and your community. And your library is here to help!
Here are a few events happening at the library to help you stay on track with any New Year’s resolutions you might have made, find a new hobby, or connect with your community.
Virtual Classroom Kitchen series
Explore cooking techniques and interesting recipes in this engaging series. Presenter Kristyn Slick’s classes are always thoughtfully presented with a lot of history behind each recipe. Register now to join us virtually:
- Five Mother Sauces, January 24, 6:30 pm, virtual
- Heart Healthy Cooking, February 21, 6:30 pm, virtual
Monthly health & wellness events
Join us for events that aim to help you relax, reset, and focus. Register now:
- Chair Yoga, Tuesdays (except the first Tuesday of the month), 12:30 pm, virtual
- Midday Meditation, first Tuesday of the month, 12 pm, virtual
- Sound Bath Meditation, last Wednesday of the month, time varies, Main Library
Monthly connection & community-building events
These upcoming events aim to bring groups together to make connections and build community. Register now:
- Death Cafe, third Sunday, every other month, 2 pm, Main Library
- Grupo de apoyo para cuidadores de personas con alzhéimer/ Alzheimer’s Caregiver Support Group, first Saturday of the month, 10 am, Main Library
- Older Adults Coffee Hour, first Friday of the month, 9:30 am, Main Library
- Writers Word Feast, second Friday of the month, 3 pm, virtual
Our team of Collection Management librarians have created a list of books to help inspire a reboot, re-invigorate your current journey, or even help you to remain exactly the same in the New Year. See the lists »
Whether you attend an upcoming health and wellness program at the library, explore the Consumer Health Complete, or pick up a new healthy habit, I hope that you enjoy this month and find something that brings you health and joy!
Rose is an Adult Services Librarian specializing in health and senior services. She is a passionate reader, baker, and explorer who is always planning her next adventure.