Get access to subscription-based resources that Google can’t offer
Your Oak Park Public Library card and PIN give you access to the online resources listed here. Have questions? Get answers to FAQs, watch how-to videos, read about your data privacy, and contact us »
Need to search multiple resources at once? Use the catalog's Article Search to find full-text results. Let's get started »
Genealogical and historical records, including images of US federal census documents.
Historical U.S. Major Dailies
Historical newspaper collection (covering 1849-2016)—including Chicago Tribune, Los Angeles Times, The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, and The Washington Post—with easily-searchable first-hand accounts and coverage of the politics, society, and events of the time.
History Reference Center
Full-text historical reference books, magazines, journals, and thousands of primary source documents.
Hobbies & Crafts Reference Center
Detailed how-to instructions and creative ideas for hobby enthusiasts of all kinds, with full-text articles from leading hobby and craft magazines.
More than 319,000 ebooks, 73,000 audiobooks, 15,000 comics, 13,000 movies, 22,000 TV show episodes, and 252,000 albums. Available on iOS, Android, Kindle Fire HD/HDX, and in browser on laptop/desktop; stream on Apple TV, Fire TV, Android TV, Roku, and Alexa enabled devices.
First-time users & special features
- Watch the learning video on this page to get started
- Hoopla requires first-time users to create a username and password, which you will need to remember to log in next time
- All users also must add their Oak Park library card PIN. (Your PIN is usually the last four digits of the phone number associated with your library card. Not working? See how to reset your PIN ») Get instructions on how to add your PIN to your Hoopla account based on how you access it:
- Download content on mobile devices for offline use
- Hoopla also offers Kids Mode, a multi-format, digital media experience designed especially for kids (up to age 12). All of the content—movies, TV shows, music, audiobooks, eBooks, and comics—has been curated and brought together in this one family-friendly place. Read more about hoopla Kids Mode »
- Need help? Explore FAQs »
Checkout periods & lending limits
- No holds, no waiting
- Borrow 30 items a month
- Number of available checkouts resets at midnight on the first of each month
- Lending periods:
- Ebooks, audiobooks, and comics: 21 days
- Magazines & The Great Courses Library Collection: 7 days with BingePass
- Movies and TV shows: 3 days
- Music: 7 days
- BingePass: unlimited streaming for seven days with a single borrow. More »