Finding welcome information
The library is one of six government agencies serving Oak Park. For news and events from the other five agencies, click the links below. Popular tourist and visitor sites are also listed here.
Oak Park government agencies
#VirtualDayInOurVillage in 2020
The annual event A Day in Our Village typically draws thousands of people to Scoville Park on the first Sunday in June. For decades the festival has offered current and prospective residents an opportunity to discover the diversity and variety of cultural, social service, business, educational, and religious organizational groups in our community. Although the 2020 event was canceled due to COVID-19, the Village of Oak Park organized a Virtual Day in Our Village celebration on social media. Search #VirtualDayInOurVillage on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to discover a robust collection of messages that capture what makes Oak Park special.
Signing up for one online calendar for all of Oak Park
- Burbio.com is a free website and mobile app that puts Oak Park events onto one online calendar. With Burbio, you can create a personalized event feed and sync events to your iOS or Google calendars. You also can choose to receive notifications if events change.
- Sign up at Burbio.com or download the free iOS or Android app and follow the calendars of the Oak Park organizations that most interest you.
- If you are involved in a group or organization and want to add your events on Burbio, contact email@example.com.
Learning more about where you live
- Learn more about local history from your library »
- Oak Park residents interested in details of their Oak Park properties have a new online resource available through a Community Portal brought to you by the Village of Oak Park. Just by entering an address into the portal search window on a computer, tablet, or smartphone, users can link to a wide range of property-specific information, including zoning details, refuse collection dates, a list of elected officials at all levels, and more.
Turning outward, working together
- What kind of community do you want to live in? Read more about what Oak Parkers have told us »
- Collaboration is at the core of our work. See how we work with local organizations to build community »