The library is one of six local government agencies serving Oak Park. Popular tourist, visitor and community sites also are linked here.
Oak Park government agencies
More ways we share local information
From government agencies
- At the Main Library, find materials on the third floor service desk for public review and comment. For example, this includes the yearly budget for Triton Community College, annual Chicago Transit Authority documents, and other materials from the Village of Oak Park.
- At the branch libraries, find materials by main entrances. At Dole Branch (below right), items are on the inside book drop. At Maze Branch (below left), they are by the self-checkout station.
From community organizations
Each building offers bulletin board space to post about local events and opportunities. Have something to share? Let us know »
Sign up for Oak Park’s online calendar
- Burbio.com is a free website and mobile app that puts Oak Park events onto one online calendar. With Burbio, you can create a personalized event feed and sync events to your iOS or Google calendars. You also can choose to receive notifications if events change.
- Sign up at Burbio.com or download the free iOS or Android app and follow the calendars of the Oak Park organizations that most interest you.
- If you are involved in a group or organization and want to add your events on Burbio, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about where you live
- Research your Oak Park home’s history, as well as that of more buildings in Oak Park and River Forest. See the Steiner Index »
- Learn more about local history overall »
- Oak Park residents interested in details of their Oak Park properties have an online resource available through a Community Portal brought to you by the Village of Oak Park. Just by entering an address into the portal search window on a computer, tablet, or smartphone, users can link to a wide range of property-specific information, including zoning details, refuse collection dates, a list of elected officials at all levels, and more.