New to Oak Park?
- Get a library card »
- Find welcome information from:
- Explore the village:
Learn more about where you live
- What kind of community do you want to live in? Tell us now and see what your neighbors are saying »
- In 2014, the Village of Oak Park published “Envision Oak Park: A Comprehensive Plan for the Oak Park Community (pdf).” The 243-page document represents the collective effort of the Oak Park community to define a vision for the future and identify the actions to be taken to realize that vision.
- Oak Park residents interested in details of their Oak Park properties have a new online resource available through a Community Portal brought to you by the Village of Oak Park. Just by entering an address into the portal search window on a computer, tablet, or smartphone, users can link to a wide range of property-specific information, including zoning details, refuse collection dates, a list of elected officials at all levels, and more.
- Anyone interested in learning more about securing a mortgage and buying their first home is invited to attend a free seminar held 6-8 pm the fourth Tuesday of each month at Village Hall, 123 Madison St. A wide range of related topics is addressed, including the steps in the home-buying process and financing options. The seminars are made possible through the Village of Oak Park‘s partnership with the HUD-certified counseling agency West Cook Homeownership Center. For more information, call 708.887.5187 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Connect with Oak Park government entities
- View calendar »
- Sign up for emails »
- You also can sign up for Police Zone News by email from the Oak Park Police Department.
Find out more about serving on an Oak Park citizen board, commission, or committee »
Working together for a stronger community
Community collaboration is at the core of our everyday work. See how the library works with local agencies for a stronger community »