Oak Park cardholders: Pick up your holds outside of regular building hours by using secure outdoor lockers. Located just to the right of the Main Library’s front entrance, here’s how the process works. You also can choose to use Main Library indoor lockers for items if you’d like a secure, contact-free pickup and return process.
First time using lockers? Create a new locker account
- Fill out this form (from Smiota, the locker app) »
- You will need to enter your name, email and/or mobile number and your Oak Park library card number.
- After submitting this form, a registration confirmation link will be sent to the email and/or mobile number provided.
- Please be sure to click on the confirmation link to keep this registration process going.
Choose a locker option when placing holds on items in the catalog
- Once you are logged into your library account and have placed your hold, navigate to “My Account.”
- You can do this by, at the top right of the screen, selecting the three bars to the right of your name, then clicking on “My Account”.
- Under “My Account” and “Account Summary,” click on the “Holds” box.
- Click on the item you want to pick up in a locker.
- Click on the box “Change Pickup Loc.” The box only appears for physical items that can be picked up in lockers.
- Select from the drop-down menu which locker location you want: Outdoor or Indoor.
- Click the button “Change location.”
- Wait to hear from us about when your hold will be ready for pickup.
When your hold is ready for locker pickup
- You will receive a notification and a code by email or text to unlock and retrieve your item.
- Use the 5-digit-code (or QR code) to access the locker.
- Your item will be held in a locker for up to 7 days.
- You will use the same code to pick up and return your items.
Changing pickup preferences in your account
Through your account, you can set lockers as a default pickup location. Here’s how:
- Go to My Account > Account Settings > My Preferences (Need help navigating your account? Get step-by-step instructions »)
- Choose a default location and turn off the “Bypass pickup location prompt when placing holds” button:
- At any time, you can return to “My Account > Account Settings > My Preferences” and edit your choices.
Want to use the locker app?
Download the Smiota app and allow it to access your location. Then, you can receive notifications about your locker pickups and open the lockers directly from the Smiota app.
Have questions about using lockers? Contact us »