You have two app options for in-the-library self-checkout. The SWAN Libraries App is the more comprehensive option. Meescan is the simple option, as it only offers self-checkout. Read more about functionality and how to get started below. Questions? Ask us anytime at oppl.org/contact.
Self-checkout when inside the library with the SWAN Libraries App
Use the SWAN Libraries App to…
- Self-checkout from anywhere inside the library from your mobile device. Tip: Be sure to scan the library bar code, not the publisher’s bar code.
- Get fast access to downloadable and streaming resources.
- See your checkout history.
- Save and access linked family cards.
- Scan and search ISBN barcodes.
- See which SWAN libraries are near you.
Ready to get started? Watch how-to videos
SWAN (System Wide Automated Network) is a large consortium of libraries mostly in Chicago’s western and southwestern suburbs. Learn more »
Use the Meescan app for self-checkout in the library
Before you get started using the app, know that…
- You can install the app from anywhere but are only able to sign in to the app when at the library.
- The Meescan app must be activated in the library. Once you visit the library and use the app, it will not ask for a code.
- After that, you can open the app at home, but it will say that “Checkout is only available while in the library and with location services enabled”.
- You must set the Meescan app to allow for location use.
Once in the library, use the Meescan self-checkout app to…
- Check out items from anywhere in the library with the app on your mobile device.
- Tip: Be sure to scan the library barcode, not the publisher’s barcode.