In 1918, a deposit collection was placed in the Fair Oaks Pharmacy located near Ridgeland and Chicago Avenues.
In 1923, a storefront branch was set up at 212 Chicago Ave. About nine year later, that branch was moved to 208 Chicago Ave.
In 1939, Mr. and Mrs. Andrew Dole presented the building at Augusta and Cuyler streets to the Village of Oak Park to be used for cultural and recreational purposes.
In 1940, the storefront branch moved into the first floor of 255 Augusta St., and was renamed the Dole Branch Library.
Today, the Dole Center building is owned and operated by the Park District of Oak Park.