A volunteer group for students ages 13-17, the library’s Leading Edge Teen Advisory Board (LETAB) is an opportunity to give back, share ideas about teen services, do service projects, and earn service hours. Learn more and apply to be part of the team on this page.
LETAB’s mission is “to offer guidance and a teen-centered perspective to the Oak Park community and the Teen Services team.”
LETAB’s vision is “Our Voices Matter.”
Our visual identity
In the summer of 2020, we held a logo contest to create a visual identity for our Board. Matthew E. created the winning design, pictured.
For all who participate in LETAB, we agree to these 10 keys areas:
- Treat everyone with dignity.
- Offer support to those who need it the most.
- Use language that does not offend others.
- Understand the liberation of learning.
- Listen and honor multiple perspectives.
- Participate positively in Oak park library activities.
- Honor the space.
- Honor agreements of confidentiality.
- Speak words to empower
- Seek first to understand.
Join us on Zoom
Complete the application below to join us! We meet virtually via Zoom on the third Sunday of each month. A link to the Zoom meeting is emailed to members. See upcoming dates on the library’s calendar »