An Oak Park Public Library card gives kids access to all the kid-focused subscription-based online resources on this page, digital newspapers—including local, regional, and international publications—and more! All resources are designed to help make digital learning more interactive, more visual, and more fun.
- Need instant digital access? All Oak Park resident 13 years and older can apply »
- Need a study space? Find two study rooms in the Main Library Children’s Services area for grades K-5. Call 708.383.8200 (select option 3) or visit the service desk to reserve (up to two hours at a time and one week in advance, once per week).
- Questions about PINs? Read more about resetting PINs »
- Have another question? Contact us »
- Your privacy is important. Learn more »
A fresh way to explore the full spectrum of African-American history and culture, covering five centuries.
Fast access to more than 15,000 years of culture and history, covering more than 600 Native American groups.
Information about world history, cultures, languages, foods, religions, and more.
On-demand, anytime, anywhere learning resources for all ages, including:
- Live online help from tutors (available daily from 2 to 11 pm)
- Practice tests for college entrance exams, live assistance filling out FAFSA applications (select Live Tutoring and then choose FAFSA assistance from the Select Grade dropdown)
- Expert writing assistance
- A test center with customized study plans
- A flashcard creator
- A private virtual study room to share
- And more
Free app for iOS and Android available. Need help getting started with the app? Watch a video tutorial »
Cultural information on the countries of the world, includes a States Edition with U.S. state facts.
Herramienta de referencia en español para niños. Contiene miles de artículos fáciles de leer y repletos de ilustraciones, videos, mapas interactivos y una amplia variedad de juegos y actividades, diseñado para desarrollar las habilidades claves del lenguaje y de investigación.
World Book Encyclopedia for Spanish speakers—with thousands of easy-to-read articles packed with illustrations, videos, interactive maps, and a wide variety of games and activities—designed to develop key language and research skills.
Images, maps, and full-text articles on a wide variety of subject areas.
Authoritative biographical entries covering international figures from all time periods and areas of study.