Connect virtually with your favorite storytime librarians, find at-home activities and resources curated by age and topic, and check out just-for-kids ebooks, movies, online resources, and more in the digital library.
Your digital library access
Available 24/7, Oak Park cardholders have anywhere, anytime access to a growing digital collection of kids ebooks, audiobooks, family-friendly movies, TV shows, music, magazines, newspapers, and online resources for homework help and at-home learning.
Videos featuring Oak Park librarians
View all videos for kids on YouTube or browse sorted by age and topic:
Bodies Are so Cool
Let’s talk about bodies! Miss Jenny has a great book to share about all the different ways bodies can look and a fun dance to get moving and grooving.
Going to the Zoo (Part 5): Dinosaurs
There were so many dinosaurs at the Brookfield Zoo last summer! They moved and roared, too. Miss Shelley loved them, but Ruthie would rather get ice cream. Would you want to visit the dinosaurs?
At-home activities, curated by Oak Park librarians
- For early learners: Find books, videos, and resources to help children on the path to reading »
- For grade schoolers: Discover and explore resources and at-home activities on a specific topic »
- For kids of all ages: Get live, online help from tutors, create virtual flashcards, and more »
- For grade schoolers: Research and learn with online resources »
- For early learners: Get ready for kindergarten »
- For homeschooling families: Find homeschooling resources »
- More for educators and caregivers: Teaching or caring for kids in Oak Park? Get support »
Popular library apps & websites used in classrooms, at home, on the road
- Hoopla Kids Mode: Read ebooks and graphic novels, listen to digital audiobooks and music, and watch movies, TV shows, and documentaries curated just for kids. Get started with Hoopla »
- Media on Demand/Libby kids collection: Explore the library’s biggest selection of digital content in multiple categories—including ebooks, digital audiobooks and magazines, and videos—just for kids. Get started with Media on Demand/Libby »
- Kanopy Kids: Watch films and TV series that help kids develop empathy, mindfulness, and self-esteem through entertaining and educational videos—with Common Sense Media ratings. Get started with Kanopy »
- More to explore: National Geographic Kids and TumbleBookLibrary »
Devices to use anywhere
- For cardholders (18+) or the parent/guardian of a cardholder under 18: Borrow mobile hotspots, laptops, Chromebooks, iPad mini 2 devices, and more »