Connect virtually with your favorite storytime librarians, find at-home activities and resources curated by age and topic, and check out just-for-kids ebooks, movies, online resources, and more in the digital library.
Your digital library access
Available 24/7, Oak Park cardholders have anywhere, anytime access to a growing digital collection of kids ebooks, audiobooks, family-friendly movies, TV shows, music, magazines, newspapers, and online resources for homework help and at-home learning.
- Don’t have a library card? Sign up now »
- Forget your PIN? Go to the catalog login page to reset it.
- Need help getting started? Watch the How to Library video series »
- Have a question? Ask us anything »
Videos featuring Oak Park librarians
View all videos for kids on YouTube or browse sorted by age and topic:
Have you ever tried tea before? We take specially grown leaves, flowers, herbs, and more, and use them to flavor water. There’s a song we can sing about it, and I bet you can sing along!
At-home activities, curated by Oak Park librarians
- For early learners: Find books, videos, and resources to help children on the path to reading »
- For grade schoolers: Discover and explore resources and at-home activities on a specific topic »
- For kids of all ages: Get live, online help from tutors, create virtual flashcards, and more »
- For grade schoolers: Research and learn with online resources »
- For early learners: Get ready for kindergarten »
- For homeschooling families: Find homeschooling resources »
- More for educators and caregivers: Teaching or caring for kids in Oak Park? Get support »
Popular library apps & websites used in classrooms, at home, on the road
- Hoopla Kids Mode: Read ebooks and graphic novels, listen to digital audiobooks and music, and watch movies, TV shows, and documentaries curated just for kids. Get started with Hoopla »
- Media on Demand/Libby kids collection: Explore the library’s biggest selection of digital content in multiple categories—including ebooks, digital audiobooks and magazines, and videos—just for kids. Get started with Media on Demand/Libby »
- Kanopy Kids: Watch films and TV series that help kids develop empathy, mindfulness, and self-esteem through entertaining and educational videos—with Common Sense Media ratings. Get started with Kanopy »
- More to explore: National Geographic Kids and TumbleBookLibrary »
Devices to use anywhere
- For cardholders (18+) or the parent/guardian of a cardholder under 18: Borrow mobile hotspots, laptops, Chromebooks, iPad mini 2 devices, and more »