Your public library is here to connect you with books, learning experiences, events, and online resources that celebrate the LGBTQ+ community in June and all year long. On this page, you can:
- Browse: Curated title suggestions for all ages.
- Attend: Upcoming events.
- View: A special display at the Dole Branch Library.
- Test: Your Pride flag knowledge with a virtual tutorial.
- Watch: A video just for early learners.
- Explore: Online resources for self-paced learning (with your Oak Park card and PIN).
- Discover: Rainbow Services from your public library.
Browse titles we suggest
Just for kids
- Check out librarian-curated lists featuring LGBTQ+ creators and stories »
- More books for kids, suggested by Rainbow Services Librarian Hal »
From your digital library
Ebooks, audiobooks & movies
Join us for upcoming events
Celebrate Pride: Drop-in Button-Making
Thursday, June 15, 9 am-9 pm, Main Library
Drop by the Children's Services Area at the Main Library to design and make your own Pride-themed buttons!
Pride Shake, Rattle & Read
Tuesday, June 20, 10-10:30 am, Lindberg Park, 1150 N. Marion, Oak Park
Celebrate Pride with a joy-filled storytime! Featuring books, songs, and play that celebrate identity, self-expression, and all things love, and a special visit from the Book Bike. Best for families with kids 0-5. Weather permitting.
Friday, July 14, 7-9 pm, Maze Branch Library
Come join us at the Maze Branch for a night of Pride! We'll have food, games, and music for teens ages 14-18 to celebrate. Register now »
View a special display at the Dole Branch Library
Test your Pride flag knowledge
Do you know what all the colors in the Pride flag mean? Do you know which identities the flags in our display represent? Test your knowledge with our virtual trivia game; click the play button to get started!
Watch a Pride flag video for early learners
Grab your crayons, markers, or colored pencils, because it's time to create our own Pride flags! Did you know that the flag hasn't always looked the same? We'll draw an inclusive Philadelphia Pride flag today and talk about what each color means. Where will you display yours?
Explore online resources
Get access to subscription-based resources that Google can’t offer, with your Oak Park card and PIN:
- Gale in Context: Biography: Explore authoritative biographical entries covering international figures from all time periods and areas of study, including a collection of biographies on notable LGBTQ+ figures. To start your search, choose Browse People and then select LGBTQIA+ Figures from the dropdown.
- Novelist Plus: Find book reviews, annotations, readalikes, discussion guides, and book lists for fiction and nonfiction readers. Use the advanced search option to find titles by LGBTQ+ authors by selecting LGBTQIA under Authors Cultural Identity.
- Transgender Resource Collection: A unique collection to serve transgender people and everyone seeking information, including employers, medical providers, allies, friends, and family.