New as of November 1! Introducing Kanopy tickets: Instead of play credits, you’ll now get 50 tickets each month to watch films from Oak Park Public Library. You’ll see the number of tickets and access period for each film next to the play button. Films appear on your Continue Watching list with the remaining time in your access period. Kanopy Kids titles don’t use tickets, so you can watch as many kid-friendly titles as you’d like. More about how tickets work »
About Kanopy: More than 30,000 feature films, documentaries, educational videos, and TV shows, from The Criterion Collection, The Great Courses, Music Box, First Run Features, Breaking Glass, Cohen Film Collection, and more. Available on iOS, Android, Fire Tablet, and in browser on laptop/desktop; stream via Android TV, Apple TV, Chromecast, Fire TV, and Roku. Need help? Explore the help page »
Checkout periods & lending limits
- No holds, no waiting
- Get 50 tickets each month to watch
- See the number of tickets needed for each film next to the play button
- The number of available tickets resets at midnight on the first day of each month
- Unlimited checkouts of all content on Kanopy Kids
- Lending period: Varies by film, see the access period next to the play button
- Kanopy requires first-time users to create a username and password. You will need to remember this username and password to log in next time.
- Kanopy Kids: A collection for children highlighting films and TV series that help kids develop empathy, mindfulness, and self-esteem through entertaining and educational videos, with Common Sense Media ratings to ensure parents have clear guidelines on which films are age-appropriate.