The library’s Creative Studio is a dedicated space for patrons interested in making, designing, and preserving creative materials and content.
This policy is to be used in conjunction with A Library for Everyone, Computer and Internet Use Policy, other library policies, and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations concerning the use of property and computing resources. Use of library Creative Studio services and equipment constitutes acceptance of this policy.
Using the Space and Equipment
The Creative Studio is open to patrons ages 14 and above. Children ages 13 and under may use the Studio with the supervision of an adult caregiver.
The library may place limitations on time and manner of Creative Studio use in order to allocate access as equitably as possible.
Select equipment may require a completed waiver form and/or in-house competency training prior to independent use. Use of select equipment and tools may require staff assistance to operate.
All users are responsible for:
- Following library guidelines and procedures for using Creative Studio equipment and services;
- Using the equipment and space respectfully, accountably, and safely; and
- Creating, saving, and storing project files in locations other than Library equipment and network. The Library is unable to store projects locally on Creative Studio computers. Each time the Creative Studio computers are shut down or restarted, all personal data, including project files, are permanently erased and cannot be recovered. Users are responsible for bringing their own USB flash drives or external hard drives to save their work.
Creative Studio equipment may not be used to create weapons, physical replicas of a key or materials that:
- Are prohibited by local, state, or federal law;
- Are unsafe, harmful, dangerous, or that pose an immediate threat to the well-being of others;
- Are inappropriate for the library environment; and
- Are subject to copyright, patent, or trademark protection.
No food is allowed in the Creative Studio. Drinking non-alcoholic beverages and other liquids only from spill-proof cups, cans, or screw-top containers is allowed. Open containers are not allowed. Tobacco products of any kind and smoking, vaping in any form are not allowed in the Creative Studio area.
Disclaimer and Liability
The library cannot guarantee product quality, satisfaction, equipment availability or stability, confidentiality of design, or specific delivery times.
The library is not responsible for damage to any project, if a project does not print correctly, does not work, or if a user’s personal equipment is damaged or destroyed while using any of the library equipment or tools. The library and its staff are not liable for any loss, damage, or expenses sustained by users due to the utilization of services, equipment, software, advice, or information.
The library is not responsible for any damages, loss or security of data arising from use of its computers or network or during the creation or digitization process. Users are responsible for the storage of their digital files and providing their own storage devices as needed.
Users of the Creative Studio accept financial responsibility for damage caused to the equipment or space beyond normal wear.