Federal & state tax returns are due April 18
Download, print tax forms
Find links for federal and Illinois tax forms below:
- Federal Tax Forms
- Illinois Tax Forms
- Can’t find the IRS forms you need online? To request forms to be mailed to you, call the IRS hotline at 800.829.3676.
At the library, you can use a library computer to print popular state and federal tax forms at no charge. Or print remotely and pick up same day at any library location.
Before you get started with printing, it’s important to note:
- The library will not be stocking preprinted tax forms this year.
- Documents must be 50 pages or less to be printed. If you need to print many sets of forms or a lot of pages, please contact the local IRS office »
- Because the system refreshes daily, print jobs submitted outside of open hours will not print.
- Library staff members cannot offer assistance completing tax forms.
No-cost filing options
If you made $73,000 or less in 2022, you can choose to use the software that’s best for you for free, no strings attached, through IRS Free File, a partnership between the IRS and 12 brand-name tax software companies.
Public computer access
Need access to a computer to file your taxes? At all three library locations, public computers are available by appointment for anyone who has a library card registered with the Oak Park Public Library. Learn more about using our public computers »
Please note: Library staff members cannot offer assistance completing tax forms.
Free tax preparation is available for those who qualify through the following organizations. Note that due to COVID-19, most volunteer tax preparation sites are by appointment only.
- For appointments at Triton College call 708.456.0300 ext. 3895. Interviews will be conducted to determine eligibility.
- AARP Tax Aid offers a virtual and on-site preparation locator.
- Locate an open Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) site near you using the VITA Locator Tool or call 800.906.9887.
- Ladder Up’s Tax Assistance Program (TAP) sites serve families earning up to $60,000 and individuals earning up to $32,000 per year.
- For fastest service, visit IRS.gov for a variety of online resources and tax help including tax forms, instructions and publications, and online payment options.