As an Oak Park library cardholder, you have access to more than 10 million items from 100+ area libraries through the SWAN catalog. It’s this collaborative “resource sharing” that gives more people more access, more choices, and more value when using their public libraries.
Why is SWAN testing a potential new catalog?
To ensure the heart of this collaboration—the catalog used by all SWAN member libraries—is the best that it can be, SWAN is currently beta testing a new catalog with patrons and staff at seven SWAN member libraries.
When is the testing taking place?
Testing with Oak Park library staff began in January. Testing with Oak Park cardholders begins in early March, with plans to continue throughout 2021.
How do I participate in testing?
- Oak Park cardholders can choose to log into the beta test site to place holds, make changes to their account, and more.
- Users can share feedback on their experience with the beta test site in two ways:
- By sharing feedback with us, email our internal team of librarians at firstname.lastname@example.org
- By replying to SWAN directly, completing online surveys posted on the beta test site catalog.
- Oak Park library staff have received basic training to answer your questions about the beta test site.
Important to note: The beta test site is live! So any account changes you make or holds you place will be reflected on both the beta test site and the existing catalog.
Which other libraries are participating in testing?
Including Oak Park, these SWAN member public libraries are participating in this live testing: Chicago Ridge Public Library, Downers Grove Public Library, Oak Brook Public Library, St. Charles Public Library District, Tinley Park Public Library, and Villa Park Public Library.
Questions? Want to learn more?
Please ask our dedicated testing team! Send your email to our librarians coordinating with SWAN on this beta site test at email@example.com.