Library Board approved May 18, 2010. Effective July 14, 2010. Revised February 28, 2023.
The following are eligible for an Oak Park Public Library library card and full service benefits:
- Residents of Oak Park who hold current Oak Park Public Library cards.
- Non-residents who pay Oak Park property taxes who have been issued Oak Park Public Library cards in accordance with provisions of Illinois law.
- Officers of Oak Park businesses who have been issued Oak Park Public Library cards in accordance with Illinois law.
- Non-residents of Oak Park who have purchased library cards at the annual fee set by the Oak Park Public Library Board of Trustees.
- Non-resident teachers, teaching assistants or care providers who are employed by any school or daycare in Oak Park.
- Short-term residents of Oak Park who have been issued temporary courtesy cards.
- Employees of the Oak Park Public Library who have been issued staff library cards.