Dive deep into a hobby you love, develop a new skill, or expand your knowledge on a topic you’ve always wanted to explore with these how-to books and resources our librarians love.
How-to resources from your digital library
Browse how-to ebooks, videos, and other resources available digitally with your Oak Park library card and PIN:
Ebooks & digital audiobooks
- Check out craft and hobby ebooks available on Hoopla »
- Listen to digital audiobooks from The Great Courses on Hoopla »
- Explore ebooks in categories you love on Media On Demand/Libby:
- Browse Fine Homebuilding, Martha Stewart Living, New Old House, and more with Flipster.
- Read HGTV Magazine, Popular Mechanics, Taste of Home, and more with Media On Demand/Libby.
- Auto Repair Source: Do-it-yourself repair and maintenance information on most major manufacturers of domestic and imported vehicles.
- Creativebug: An inspirational resource for DIY, crafters, and makers with more than 1,000 award-winning art and craft video classes taught by recognized design experts and artists.
- Hobbies & Crafts Reference Center: Detailed how-to instructions and creative ideas for hobby enthusiasts of all kinds, with full-text articles from leading hobby and craft magazines.
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com): Online learning platform with video tutorials to learn business, software, technology, and creative skills to achieve personal and professional goals.
- Mango Languages: Reach conversational proficiency in more than 70 languages, including English as a Second Language, good for tourists or beginners.
- Muzzy: Language program for children with games and learning activities.
- Pressbooks: Easy-to-use book writing software that creates a book in all the formats needed to publish, in print and digitally.