Putting the library in your pocket and having 24/7 mobile access just got easier!
SWAN, a consortium of 97 libraries mostly in Chicago’s western suburbs, has launched a new app you can download, log into, and use to do more than just search the catalog and place holds. Features include:
- Get fast access to downloadable and streaming resources
- See your checkout history
- Save and access linked family cards
- Scan and search ISBN barcodes
- See which SWAN libraries are near you
Oak Park librarians have been using the app for about a month, and our overall impression is positive. From behind the scenes, here’s some feedback we’ve heard:
- “I love that my barcode is right at the bottom on the first screen, as soon as I open the app.”
- “I like that you can see which library the item is available at, directly from the search results. I don’t recall being able to do that in the old app.”
- I like that I can choose (through preferences) the order of what displays on the app’s home screen.”
- “It links to oppl.org, so I can click on online resources and the events calendar.”
Someone asked if this replaces the library’s current app. It does not. The existing “OPPL” app (by Boopsie) will be available until next summer. Both apps are available for no charge to cardholders.
Get the app
To get started with the new SWAN app, search “SWAN Libraries” in your app store.
Want help? Both one-on-one appointments and drop-in technical help sessions are available. Learn more »
Have questions? Learn more about the new app and get step-by-step instructions »