This change was made in accordance with a Village order that has now expired.
This change came from the Park District of Oak Park to comply with the Village of Oak Park’s public health order in response to the current surge of COVID-19 cases.
- Specifically, the Oak Park order mandates proof of vaccination for customers age 5 and older at fitness centers such as health clubs, yoga studios, recreation centers and dance studios. It also applies to indoor venues where food or drink are served for on-premise consumption, such as restaurants and entertainment venues. The village order largely mirrors similar vaccine requirements that went into effect on Monday, January 3, in Chicago and other suburban Cook County communities.
- Dole Center’s west (Cuyler Avenue) exterior door will almost always be locked. It will be opened and monitored by a Park District of Oak Park employee only during pre-scheduled park district program times.
- The Park District of Oak Park owns the Dole Center, and the library is a tenant in that building. What’s more, the Park District is included in the village order, the library is not.
Putting people and safety first
- In support of everyone’s safety, food and drink are prohibited in all indoor library spaces to encourage proper mask wearing, covering nose and mouth, at all times.
- For questions about the public health order, please contact the Village of Oak Park.