For libraries interested in our work with the Transgender Resource Collection, materials from the development process and the collection itself:
- Self-Study Report (pdf): Report from the committee that was charged to identify and recommend changes to remove any barriers to welcoming, reflecting, serving, and employing transgender people.
- Discussion Scenarios (pdf): Used in department meetings for further staff discussion and group learning.
- Illinois Safe School Alliance: The Library brought in Alliance Executive Director Shannon Sullivan to lead two-hour transgender awareness workshops for staff.
- Publicity Sample (pdf): Palm cards distributed to area businesses and organizations connected to transgender populations.
- 2005 Collection Evaluation (pdf): This report specifies a next step in evaluating the collection – examining materials with regard to specific population groups.
- Diversity in the Collection: 2005 Evaluation Project (pdf): Process to examine whether Oak Park Public Library collections represent genuine diversity and serve specific population groups.
Funding for this grant project was awarded by the Illinois State Library (ISL), a Division of the Office of Secretary of State, using funds provided by the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS), under the federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA).