For libraries interested in our work with the Transgender Resource Collection, materials from the development process and the collection itself:
- Self-Study Report (pdf): Report from the committee that was charged to identify and recommend changes to remove any barriers to welcoming, reflecting, serving, and employing transgender people.
- Discussion Scenarios (pdf): Used in department meetings for further staff discussion and group learning.
- Illinois Safe School Alliance: The Library brought in Alliance Executive Director Shannon Sullivan to lead two-hour transgender awareness workshops for staff.
- Publicity Sample (pdf): Palm cards distributed to area businesses and organizations connected to transgender populations.
- 2005 Collection Evaluation (pdf): This report specifies a next step in evaluating the collection – examining materials with regard to specific population groups.
- Diversity in the Collection: 2005 Evaluation Project (pdf): Process to examine whether Oak Park Public Library collections represent genuine diversity and serve specific population groups.
Your feedback and suggestions are important to us.
Contact Bleue J. Benton at firstname.lastname@example.org or 708.697.6952.
Funding for this grant project was awarded by the Illinois State Library (ISL), a Division of the Office of Secretary of State, using funds provided by the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS), under the federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA).