Friends of the Library
Be a Friend Join the Friends to make a valued, recognized contribution to your library.
Who are the Friends of the Oak Park Public Library?
The Friends, as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, raise funds for the Oak Park Public Library. Annual tax-deductible memberships are available at multiple levels. Choose the membership level that's right for you. To stay connected, be sure to like the Friends on Facebook.
What do the Friends do?
The Friends volunteer their time and talents to make our community a better place. Since 1948, this dedicated group has built valuable bridges between library and community.
How does my membership help?
Your annual Friends membership helps support the library in multiple ways. Funds raised through the Annual Book Fair and memberships help support programming like Fizz, Boom Read, our summer reading program for kids ages birth through grade 6. They also present free, engaging events including:
- The Friends Annual Book Fair, typically held the first weekend in August
- The Barbara Ballinger Lecture, held annually each October, featuring an accomplished author and recognizing the former head librarian's many years of dedicated service to the library and the Oak Park community
- Folk Music Concert Series, one in spring a second in fall, bringing talents musicians to the Main Library for a series of free concerts
What does my annual membership give me?
Annual tax deductible memberships are available at multiple levels. Choose the membership level that’s best for you.
- Patron Members ($25-$49): NEW for 2014: receive an early/free admission to the Annual Book Fair at any membership level
- Donor Members ($50-$99): Be listed in the library’s annual report, and the benefit listed above
- Benefactor Members ($100-$499): Receive priority seating at Friends events, and all benefi ts listed above
- Sustaining Members ($500-$999): Be named on a bookplate in a library volume, and all benefits listed above
- Scoville Circle Members ($1,000+): Be recognized on a library plaque, enjoy an exclusive behind-the-scenes tour of the Main Library, and all benefi ts listed above
Contact the Friends
Friends of the Oak Park Public Library
P.O. Box 3655
Oak Park, Illinois 60303-3655
Friends Board Members
- Chet Taranowski, President
- Terry Vanderwell, Vice President
- Eileen Kleps, Treasurer
- Doris Adamczewski, Secretary
- Doug Deuchler
- Mary Davis Fournier
- Philomena Harbaugh
- John Hayes
- Steve Kirshenbaum
- Paul Koko
- Amy Werthmann
- Janet Kelenson, Library Board Liaison
- Jim Madigan, Library Liaison