- Find a title to check out on Media On Demand  (a group of libraries  providing titles through Overdrive).
- Check the icons listed with the title to make sure it's available in the format you need for your device or operating system.
- Log in to your account with your library card number and PIN to check out the item. Need help with your PIN? 
- Download the file to your mobile device or computer. Downloading and transferring works a little differently for each device and depends on whether it's an ebook or audiobook.
More about downloading
- Many popular ereaders and mobile devices, such as iPhones & iPads, Kindles and Nooks are compatible with OverDrive materials. Review a list of compatible devices .
- To download audiobooks, you'll need OverDrive Media Console  on your computer. It's also an app for reading ebooks or listening to audiobooks on your smartphone or tablet.
- To check out ebooks on any device, you'll need an Adobe Digital Editions  account.
- To read ebooks on a Kindle, you'll need an Amazon  account.
More about getting started
- To get started with your device, look at the Getting Started guide or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org 
- For different aspects of the service, take this video tour .
- For quick answers, review these FAQs
You can Delete a book from your device, but you will still have it checked out to your library account - See more at: http://help.overdrive.com/article/0335/How-to-return-a-downloaded-title-... 
You can Delete a book from your device, but you will still have it checked out to your library account. - See more at: http://help.overdrive.com/article/0335/How-to-return-a-downloaded-title-... 
What are the loan rules?
- Choose a one-, two- or three-week check out period
- Up to five titles may be checked out at once
- All formats except WMA audiobooks can be returned early
- A title may now be renewed one time if there are no other holds on it: just follow these simple how to renew digital titles  instructions from Overdrive.
I can't log in to my account
- Have you ever logged in to SWAN ? You need to do that first, and create your PIN. Need help with your PIN? 
- Is your library card expired? You will need to renew it at one of our physical locations before you can log in to Media On Demand.
Something is going wrong with my download/checkout
- Sometimes you may experience a temporary error--give it another try.
- Check Overdrive Help  for troubleshooting information.
- If you don't find the answer, email us at email@example.com . Please include the following information so we can help you work through the issue:
- Steps to reproduce the problem
- Exact text of any error message
- URL(s) of any error page(s)
- Library card number
- Title(s) of problem download(s)
- Make and model of mobile device
- Operating system (Mac® OS 10.6.2, Windows® 7, Windows Vista®, Windows XP, etc.)
- Internet browser and version
Everything I want is checked out
- On a page like this , you can check "only show titles with copies available" and click "Submit" to get a list of all ebooks that are available for immediate checkout.
- You can place up to five titles on hold at a time. When a title becomes available you will get an email, and will have 72 hours to check out the item.
- You can also use the Wish List function to keep track of titles you'd like to check out.
I'm looking for something specific
- The Media On Demand homepage  has links in the sidebar to specific genres, formats, and new titles.
- Try an advanced search .
What I want isn't available
Unfortunately, not every book has been made available as an ebook by its publisher. In addition, certain publishers have decided not to offer their ebooks to libraries for lending. You can also check our 3M Cloud Library  service for additional titles, or try the Recommend to Library  feature in Overdrive, and your request will be considered for the collection.
I want to return an ebook or audiobook
See these instructions  on how to return titles before the end of your lending period.
I want to renew an ebook or audiobook
A title may now be renewed one time if there are no other holds on it: just follow these simple how to renew digital titles  instructions from Overdrive.