Using your library card
Keep your account number handy
- To borrow materials and use library computers, you need to have your unique library account number on the back of your card.
- If you have a smart phone or tablet, download our Cardstar app  to store your library card in your phone.
Create a pin to use your online account
- To log in to your library account and use our online tools, you need to create a PIN
- You can change your pin in the SWAN catalog 
- If you have forgotten your pin, click Forget PIN
- If you want to change your pin, log into your account and click Modify PIN
- If you have any trouble, get help using the SWAN catalog , or contact us .
Renew and request materials
- You can renew and request items in person, over the phone, or online in the SWAN catalog 
- You can renew items twice, as long as no one else is waiting for them
- Call 708.383.8200 to renew over the phone
Request materials for pick up
- When you set up your new library account, you can choose to be notified by phone or email when your requests are available.
- In your SWAN account , you can choose a "home" Oak Park Public Library location, where all of your requests will be delivered.
- Need help using the catalog? Many questions can be answered in our Catalog Help. 
- Do you want to change your home location or how you are notified? Contact us. We are happy to help!
When to return
Oak Park Public Library materials
- Books, audiobooks, magazines: 3 weeks
- Ereaders: 3 weeks
- CDs: 3 weeks
- DVDs and Blu-Rays: 1 week
- Video games: 1 week
- Ebooks: 3 weeks, expire automatically and can be returned early
- Due dates vary by item, and by library
- Check your printed receipt or online account