Develop your job search and technical skillsPublished on Mon, 01/13/2014 - 1:18pm | Updated on Mon, 04/07/2014 - 2:19pm.
Free employment seminars and technology classes return this month to Main Library. Through a balanced combination of in-person programs, online resources, and a large traditional print collection, the library continues to provide career and transition support, and technical training vital to the community.
“Oak Park Public Library customers need and ask for opportunities to learn, and the library responds with diverse programs and instructional sessions to meet those requests,” said Executive Director David J. Seleb. “Some of these exciting opportunities include a wide offering of technology classes and employment seminars. Whatever your level of skill or comfort, there is a place for you."
The winter series of Job Seeker seminars continues on Wednesdays through March. Join us to develop your job search skills and strategy with four informative sessions:
- Preparing for a Job Interview, Feb. 19, 2 to 4 pm, register now >
- Things About the Job Search You May Not Know...But Should, Feb. 26, 2 to 3:30 pm, register now >
- Power Networking, March 5, 2 to 3:30 pm, register now >
- Is Social Media Helping (or Hurting) Your Job Search, March 19, 7 to 8 pm, register now >
Regsitration is suggested. Walk-ins are welcome, as space permits. Find more resources for job seekers.
More technology training at your library
Main Library technology classes feature small group instruction for every technology learner on topics from first-time computer and internet use, to exploring Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn for personal and professional use. See all technology learning opportunities.
In addition, one-on-one computer help is available to all Oak Park Public Library cardholders. Visit either branch location for a pre-scheduled, 20-minute session. Appointments may be made by telephone, at least 24 hours in advance.
- Dole Branch, Fridays from 2 to 4 pm, 708.386.9032
- Maze Branch, Mondays from 1 to 3 pm, 708.386.4751